Winter Group Offers
Achaban House is open all year for exclusive-use group bookings of up to 14 guests. Winter breaks are a special offer of £330.00 per night for a minimum of three nights - a saving of £70.00 per night on high season rates. Staying at Achaban House is ideal accommodation for your winter break to Mull, perfect for outdoor activities and with easy access to Iona where Iona Abbey is open to visitors all the year round. Please get in touch with us direct if you wish to enquire about booking Achaban House for winter exclusive-use or find out about exclusive-use at other times of the year here>
Special rates for winter breaks
Our winter break rates are available from November 1st 2018 until February 28th 2019 for exclusive-use for groups of up to 14 guests, with a minimum stay of 3 nights. Winter time is ideal for groups interested in wildlife, walking, yoga, food, the creative arts, geology and history. Please note meals are not included in exclusive-use bookings
Ten reasons to visit Mull and Iona in winter
Winter is a great time of year to stay in Fionnphort and explore Mull and Iona, getting all the benefits of the wonderful natural environment of the Ross of Mull and a stay at Achaban House, while benefitting from a reduced price. Read 10 good reasons to book a winter break at Achaban House:
- The roads and most scenic places are quiet; it’s easier to explore the whole island of Mull – with few cars on the one-track roads.
- There is lots of wildlife around on Mull and winter is one of the best times of year to do some spotting. We can advise you on the wildlife hotspots of Mull, and you will see many rare bird species in and around Achaban House and Loch Pottie.
- Iona is just a 10 minute ferry trip from Fionnphort and the Abbey is open all the year round, but without the large number of summer visitors.
- The winter weather can be glorious with crisp, clear days or stormy, dramatic and overcast. Either way the winter light and skies are stunning and exhilarating and we recommend getting whatever the weather. Then head back to Achaban House for warmth and comfort with cosy fires, a book, good food and a dram!
- Sunsets and sunrises are perfectly timed for breakfast and dinner
- With no light pollution enjoy dark skies and identify the stars and constellations
- There are several good walks from the front door of Achaban and many others if you travel by car. We are happy to provide all the information you need.
- After an invigorating day out, come back to the welcoming warmth and comfort of Achaban House and relax by a cosy woodburning stove.
- Our guest kitchen is well-equipped and perfect for the convenience of preparing your packed lunches for a day outdoors or cooking your own dinner for a cosy night in.
- Our accommodation discount and guest kitchen to do your own catering make a winter break at Achaban House very affordable
If you would like more information, please get in touch, we are always happy to help.